Did you know that male skin is 25% thicker than women's? But this also means that it is more prone to feeling rough and dry, with moisture loss also being higher in men. That's why it's important to use the right shower gel and body wash in your body care ritual that doesn't strip the skin of its natural oils. Browse our collection of award-winning, luxurious, and lather-producing, scented and unscented shower gels and body washes for men, from high-quality brands like PATRICKS and MESSIAH & EVE.
What's the difference between shower gels and body washes?
Do I need a shower gel, or do I need a body wash? And what's the difference anyway? Well, the real difference is in the consistency. While they may seem like they have identical purposes, shower gels have a thicker gel-like consistency, while body washes have a runner and lighter consistency, like liquid soap. The formulas of body washes are also more concentrated.
Men's shower gels
Shower gels are practical, fuss-free and perfect for daily use. We offer a diverse range of high-quality shower gels for men that:
- Deliver a thorough, all-over cleanse (men-u, Nuxe)
- Uplift your daily ritual with elevating scents (Acqua Di Parma, Muro Scents)
- Are convenient for when you need a quick wash routine (men-u)
- Are perfect for post-gym workouts and travel (men-u)
- Provide a luxurious lather (Mesoa, men-u)
- Are infused with essential oils and vitamins (Aesop, Raw Naturals, Gilchrist & Soames)
Men's body washes
Body washes are loaded with hydrating and moisturising properties that don't strip the skin of its natural oils. Our collection of body washes includes formulas that:
- Cleanse the hair, face and body (PATRICKS, saunders & Long, American Crew, JASON)
- Gently exfoliate (Jack Black)
- Are natural and vegan-friendly (Aesop, MESSIAH & EVE, Murdock London, BAZ & CO)
If you need a quick routine or thorough wash after a gym workout, then a highly-concentrated and high-performance men-u shower gel is perfect - a little goes a long way! For those days when your skin needs extra hydration, you might want to opt for a moisturising body wash, such as the MESOA Energising Shower Gel.
Disclaimer: The information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice.