Shaving and beard brushes are all the rage these days. They are becoming increasingly popular because of their benefits and how they help men with their grooming routines. Below we explore some of the benefits of beard brushes and what you need to know before you invest in one.
What are shaving brushes and beard brushes?
A shaving brush is a facial hair brush used to apply shaving cream or soap to the face. A beard brush is a type of facial hair brush used for grooming the beard and moustache and is made to clean, detangle, and style facial hair. Shaving and beard brushes are typically made from boar hair, horsehair, badger hair, or synthetic fibres.
Why do men need shaving brushes and beard brushes?
Men's grooming is a complex process requiring a lot of time and effort. And for many men, shaving is a daily routine. Therefore, men need the proper tools to get a clean and smooth shave. It's not just a clean, smooth shave but good beard and moustache grooming with beard brushes. Furthermore, these grooming tools are not just for aesthetics but also hygiene.
What are the benefits of shaving brushes?
- The bristles help spread shaving lather evenly across the skin, allowing a razor to glide over the skin effortlessly.
- It will enable you to create a rich, thick lather.
- It provides a close shave.
What are the benefits of beard brushes?
- It helps to keep your beard healthy and well-groomed.
- It helps you detangle your facial hair.
- It makes it easier for you to style your hair with ease.
- Regular brushing can prevent skin problems like razor bumps and ingrown hairs.
When should you use shaving and beard brushes?
Shaving brushes can be used each time men use shaving cream to shave their facial hair. As a result, the frequency of use differs with each man. However, you can use a shaving brush daily if you shave daily.
Beard brushes can be used as they are needed. You should use your beard brush daily if you like a more groomed look, not a scruffy one. It's best to use it twice daily, in the morning and the evening. You can use it to retouch your facial hair style during the day to maintain a groomed look. Just be careful not to overdo it, which can irritate the hair follicles.
How should you use shaving brushes?
- Prepare your beard and skin by washing your face with warm water and soap.
- Dry with a clean towel and apply pre-shave oil to the beard area.
- Apply lukewarm water to the shaving brush and lather up with a little bit of soap in hand.
- Cleanse the brush with clean water and remove access water.
- Apply shaving cream on your face, then use the brush to work it into your skin. Use circular motions with short strokes and move up and down on your skin. You can also use light pressure in one or both directions on the same spot to get different effects.
- Rinse the cream from your face with cold water, then pat dry before applying aftershave balm or lotion.
How should you use beard brushes?
- First, cleanse your face and beard to remove any dirt or debris. This will also help the bristles of the brush slide more easily through your hair.
- Brush the top layer of hair first, then work down to the bottom until you've reached all parts of your face.
- After brushing, rinse the brush under lukewarm running water and dry it off, so it's ready for its next use.
Learn more about how you can care for your facial hair at Humanery.