Why is conditioner essential for your haircare routine?
Ingredients in Shampoos such as sulfates can be harsh on hair and strip it of its natural oils, which results in dull, dry strands. To gain back moisture lost and add shine, conditioner is a must. Think of it like cleansing your face and never moisturising; your skin will feel parched without a protective barrier.
What are the types of conditioners?
There are several types of conditioners. Deciding which one you need depends on factors such as the condition of your hair, lifestyle and hair concerns.
- Daily conditioners - surface conditioners that are lightweight enough for all hair types and developed to enhance manageability
- Leave-in conditioners - not to be rinsed out, this type of conditioner is great for conditioning the hair before using styling products. Leave-in conditioners can be used in addition to a rinse-out conditioner
- Hair masks - ideal for when your hair needs some TLC, hair masks are intense conditioners that treat a range of concerns, from heat damage to chemically treated hair
- 2-in-1 shampoo & conditioners - Perfect for those busy days when you need to simplify your routine, these multi-purpose conditioners gently cleanse the scalp while delivering moisture where needed
- Moisturising conditioners - contain a blend of nourishing ingredients to soften and hydrate
- Protein conditioners - Protein and Amino Acids help to rebuild damage and minimise shedding